Stars in her veins.



She dreamt in constellations. Stories in the stars, small shining lights so very far away. Sometimes she wondered how it felt to be one of them, a shimmering ethereal speck of light amongst the darkness. Draped in stardust, blanketed in the constant blue hue of the sky, surrounded by the stories etched in galaxy. She danced with the stars in her dreams.There she was free, high above the world and all of it's troubles. From her view it was just a little orb of blue and green, rotating around it's life star- the sun.

Late nights when darkness clung the air, she felt them running through her veins. Clusters of stardust, winding their way down her wrists in rivers. They were so bright, blending hues of blue and gold, reflecting through her translucent skin. Stardust often lingered from her dreams with the stars, it was a trace that the dreaming lands left behind for her. It was a whisper, a small reminder that she had traveled to a place high up above the clouds, where the world was just a blue and green orb and her troubles were suddenly terribly small. 

A small girl with stars in her veins, all for dreaming in constellations. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! :) I love this piece.

M said...

Oh this is so so so beautiful Rowan.
It makes my little heart ache with its beauty. I wish I had stars in my veins.
I love the stars, I dream in constellatiosn too.
I wish I could just melt into the sky, and sparkle with the stars, and be so far away, so far away.
They are such a thing of beauty and you have captured it so well.
I think you have stardust in your soul xx

Rowan said...

You both have no idea how much those comments mean to me, thank you lovely dreamer girls. Your comments are just too lovely.

♥