Small.









If only I was Smaller. Small enough to float in paper boats, Small enough to fly on birds, Small enough to disappear when company called. If only I wasn't so Big, so Big and frightened and lonely. When your Big you have to grow up, and suddenly your telling Peter goodbye and giving away all of your dolls. That's why I long to stay Small, no bigger than a thimble, then maybe Time will forget all about me and let me stay the way I am. But Time stops for no one. 

 Even I know that. 



4 comments:

M said...

Oh sometimes I wish to be small, like Thumbelina.
But to be thimble small would make the world an even scarier place to be, oh how scary it would be, so much noise and feet stomping about.

We have to remember sometimes to move with the world, no matter how fast it is spinning and how dizzy it makes your head.
I have to remember that too, but I think I am learning.
I hope I am anyway
xxx

Oh P.S - that picture is absolutely beautiful. Where did you find it? xx

Rowan said...

Thumbelina has always been my favorite. But then again, she would have felt lonely being the only small one.

Yes, that is very true. I think when your Small you long to be Big and when your Big you wish you were a little bit more...Small.

Oh yes, I have to remind my self so often, yet I believe there is a happy place in the middle. You can move with the world and still hold on to your past.

-R.

Ps. http://misspaq.blogspot.com/ is the source, but I found it on Weheartit (by searching: thumbelina)

(:

Anonymous said...

I wish to be small a lot of the time sometimes as well. Sometimes, it's scary to be big, but at other times it's quite fun. ^_^ But one thing is for sure with me, I'll never give away any of my stuffed animals or old toys or youthful innocence, but that's one thing adults forget. :)

Rowan said...

I am so glad to find other dreamer girls! I agree with everything you have said Merry! Xo.