Pressed roses, light pink hair ribbons and chipped tea cups have been on my mind. Somehow they seem rather sad in their own quiet ways, but everything does really, well- everything worth having on your mind. It's usually the most beautiful, fragile things that captivate me- it's like that with people too. As though I somehow know they are too terribly ephemeral to last very long, they catch in the north wind and are carried about until they become Lost, and soon after becoming Lost they are just Gone. But thats what makes them so wonderful,  there's always been a certain glamour old things hold, a longing for days passed by that I hold too. Sometimes on quiet, grey days I think that I belong in the land of Lost things, where time is as see- through as old glass. And though my heart may feel full of lead, as long as my eyes may dance I will stay there gladly. 

4 comments:

Princess Camille said...

Oh my this is absolutely lovely! I adore this post, especially the bit about the Land of Lost Things. Your blog is just enchanting. <3

Rowan said...

thank you princess camille, it means ever so much. your blog is full of stardust. xx

Athena. said...

From the first sentence, I am captivated. Oh, oh Dearest, you are so beautiful, but please don't leave us for the Lost. It would be too unbearable, and where would we be without your words?
Perhaps one day we'll find such a land, and return. But Life doesn't really work like that, does it?
xxx

Rowan said...

No, I'm afraid it does not. Lost things often stay that way. Athena, thank you for this lovely comment, though I don't think I would be missed as much as that. I will have to pop over to your blog soon and see what's new.

xoxox