Inside my head is a world. I know there is one, I'm certain. It's all gold and white and green. The forest goes on forever and ever, gliding up to a mountain range inclosing it all. The animals there all wear waistcoats and taffeta dresses and come for tea at four o'clock sharp. Whales swim in lakes and Bears can talk. Sometimes quite impossible things happen. 


 If only I was smaller, then I could climb through my ear and go inside my head. There I would be forever. But I'm not small, I'm big and scared and lonely. If only I was small. 

Instead I slam my fingers in doors and fall down a lot. I don't listen nearly as much as I should and I worry, worry, worry. I speak too much or not at all- I'm really terrible company. You see, it's all because I'm in my head. I don't pay attention, I really don't. When the concrete and cars are closing in on me I retreat into this little place between my ears.


And sometimes I never come out.





(Image found here:http://littleblogofhappiness.blogspot.com)


4 comments:

M said...

Oh Rowan, lovely Rowan.
Is it possible that we are twin souls?
This is me, this is me you are talking about, I know it is.
I do not know what to say. Except, I can hear your hearts whisperings and I am here. I am here because I know how it feels.. to be out of place and to be alone. To never really fit in, because it is not a world we want to accept.
To feel like no one feels the same, that everyone is growing up and all you want is to be left alone to be yourself but you're so lonely.
In my world, trees would whisper secrets and the sky would cry glitter. The stars would listen and the hummingbirds smile. I think we would live in cottages or castles, with gardens laced with flowers and memories and starlight.
If ever you want to email me lovely Rowan please do so, my address is moonage-daydream@hotmail.com
Stay lovely xx

Rowan said...

Thank you ever so much Megan! I did send you an email. It's so lovely for me to find other Dreamers, I thought we were a dying people, but not anymore.

Your comment is too-lovely-for-words.

"In my world, trees would whisper secrets and the sky would cry glitter. The stars would listen and the hummingbirds smile. I think we would live in cottages or castles, with gardens laced with flowers and memories and starlight."

xx

thank you for the inspiration, dear. I think we have the same home in our heads.

Anonymous said...

You seem to be speaking for me as well it seems! How peculiar and wonderufl. ♥ My world is all angels and fairies and vintage lace and ruffles. There are mountains of books and lovely singing all the time. I wish for this world to become true, but when I look through my eyes I see a culture going to far in their un-innocent ways. :(

I too would love to hear from another dreamer by e-mail, if you'd like? frostingpink@gmail.com

Rowan said...

Oh I would like! I agree so very much.